Saturday 11 May 2013

Here piggy piggy.....

So I have cleared through a lot of my gear and settled on the task this year to really get to grips with my Wrasse fishing. Staying with my Century HPR 7'3" ST for the mainstay of my fishing and going back to my Shimano Rarenium 3000 reel. I have so missed this reel and I have to say the Caldia 3000 from Diawa was a great reel, but I seriously missed my Shimano!! I have filled the lure boxes to the brim with all sorts of wrasse candy and hope to start back in earnest next week.

Its not to say that I wont chase a few Bass if they present themselves but its going to be a rock pig year... I can't wait!

And yes I have been away for a long time... lazy you say? Well not really. Whilst others have been out on the freshwater while we wait patiently for a break in the weather I have be homing my photography skills in a small underground silo of secrecy so this season I can bring you some new fishing photography and film. Yes my new found passion for the DSLR has not only taken me into the world of stills but also film.

I have spent the last month finishing a film with some very talented people in Falmouth. I await the final cut with excitement and a small amount of trepidation. I hoping my acting it up to the job but they seemed very happy with it... more on that when I can release some stills for you to laugh... I mean look at :)

So how is this going to change my fishing...simples! I have decided to fish just for Wrasse but I will still be out with my LRF comrades to film and photograph the Plymouth LRF scene and try bring you some new ideas to this blog.

I will be editor, sound tech, director and cinematographer all rolled into one and hope to bring you some seriously good films and stills... with some not so serious films and stills :) I have to play with my visual fx somewhere right?

I will also be making films of our Rock Pig adventures similar to what we started on Rockfish Revolution last year. With the team expanding and hopefully with a bit of new branding we will produce some quality productions to a screen near you soon.

So the year is set and before me. I know its going to be a cracker so stay tuned for some crazy, informative and slightly original updates over the coming season.

Till then, as always... tight lines y'all

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog. Some great info, thanks for sharing. Nice to see someone explaining gear and techniques rather than just showing fish pics :) Question for you as i'm newish to lures and want to better my experience with soft plastics. I see a lot of HRF info focusses on wrasse but i'd really like to try and target bass/Pollack off the rocks. Can this be achieved with a weedless texas rig and if so, how would the technique differ from wrasse targeting? I'm more used to surface plugging but so many areas close to me are shrouded with weed. I want to get amongst that rather than dodge the stuff :)
    Any info really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete